Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The article is not being considered for publication by another journal
- I have followed the instructions for authors
- I have removed any references that may prevent a correct blind peer review (Not applicable for the Miscellanea section but please tick the box)
- I include an abstract in both English and Spanish. (Not applicable for the Miscellanea section but please tick the box)
- I include 5-7 keywords in both English and Spanish. (Not applicable for the Miscellanea section but please tick the box)
- I have included the DOI (digital object identifier) for all the works cited, whenever possible.
Copyright NoticeAuthors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright.
- The texts published in this journal are – unless indicated otherwise – covered by the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 international licence. You may copy, distribute, transmit and adapt the work, provided you attribute it (authorship, journal name, publisher) in the manner specified by the author(s) or licensor(s). The full text of the licence can be consulted here: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- In the event of the UAB wishing to license the entire content of this academic journal to an academic publisher or to a service provider of access to academic content, whether free or through consideration, I hereby authorise the UAB to license the article to be published in the terms it deems most suitable to further its dissemination.
Use of the UAB's website and any of the services it offers implies full acceptance of the terms stipulated by the following data protection policy.
1. Data Collection and Consent
In compliance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we herein inform users that the personal data requested in our forms or that might be provided via our email addresses, based on unambiguous explicit consent, is included in our personal data files for which the UAB is the owner and responsible. Thus, when filling in any of the forms with the personal data requested and accepting its being sent or sending us an email with personal data, the user expressly authorizes and consents to the UAB processing and incorporating this personal data provided and all the data generated from the user's participation or use of the different products or services offered on this website, though this may be revoked but not with retroactive effects, and accepts the data processing terms set out below.
Likewise, we inform users that all data shall be processed confidentially and in accordance with the data protection legislation in force, and that our files are legally registered in the Catalan Data Protection Agency's General Register.
The UAB accepts no responsibility for personal data processing on web pages that users access via the different links to be found on our website.
This website is regulated by the legislation exclusively applicable to Spain, to which users of this website, whether in Spain or abroad, shall be subject.
The data requested are adequate, pertinent and strictly necessary for the ends for which they are collected, as sending news through email given or recognize in future visits. They shall never be used for an end other than that for which they have been ceded and, under no circumstances, shall the user be obliged to provide us with them. Nonetheless, they are absolutely necessary for the development of the services offered.
Unless specifically stipulated otherwise, all the fields on all the forms need to be filled in. Users must fill in the forms with true, accurate, complete and up-to-date information. The user is solely responsible for any damage or prejudice, whether direct or indirect, that may affect the UAB or any third party due to filling in forms with false, inaccurate, incomplete, outdated or third-party information.
Our website obtains users' personal data by receiving different forms or emails to manage subscriptions to our journal or, where applicable, due to participation as an author, editor or reviewer, based on unambiguous explicit consent.
The UAB reserves the right to decide to incorporate, or not, these people's data into its files.
3. Users' Right to Access, Rectify and Cancel Personal Data
Those involved in editing this journal seek to be compliant with industry standards for data privacy, including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provision for “data subject rights” that include (a) breach notification; (b) right of access; (c) the right to be forgotten; (d) data portability; and (e) privacy by design. The GDPR also allows for the recognition of “the public interest in the availability of the data,” which has a particular saliency for those involved in maintaining, with the greatest integrity possible, the public record of scholarly publishing.
The user has the right to request cancellation of the subscription, access the information held in the UAB's files, declared at Data Protection Register of Catalonia, rectify erroneous information, cancel it or oppose its processing, in the terms established by the Law. To do so, they must email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Authors' requests for cancellation of data shall not affect their articles published on the website, in line with authors' unlimited cession of copyright to the UAB.
If you do not expressly cancel your personal data from our files, we shall assume you are still interested in remaining on file while this remains appropriate for the ends for which they were obtained and while the UAB deems appropriate.
The UAB, in response to the trust placed in us and taking into account the importance of protection and confidentiality of users' personal data, hereby informs you that we have adopted all the technical and organizational measures to safeguard security as required by the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in force on security of files containing personal data.
5. Cession of Data
We inform you that your data are processed confidentially and used for the ends indicated, and only communicated in the cases covered by the legislation and to bodies who, alongside the UAB, produce the journal, as shown on the website, and manage and collaborate in the journal's publication.
Personal metadata related with a published article (name and surname, profesional affiliation, ORCID number, country) are deposited and distributed, associated with an article, in order to assign a DOI through Crossreff.
The UAB provides users different recommendation options, which are the sole responsibility of the person sending the message. The UAB accepts no responsibility for the sending of unsolicited commercial mailings. Under no circumstances do we keep the recipient's email address. Likewise, batch sending of messages by users via these options is strictly prohibited, as is any commercial use.
8. Modifications of this Data Protection Policy
This data protection policy was established on 5 May 2018. The UAB reserves the right to modify its data protection policy in future in accordance with its own criteria or due to a change in the legislation, jurisprudence or business practices. If the UAB introduces any changes, the new text shall be published on this same page, where the user is provided with information on the data protection policy. In any case, the relationship with users shall be governed by the regulations in force at the precise moment when they access the website and, as a result, they must be read every time users provide their data via our website.