Call for Submissions Vol 9 Affects, Feelings and Emotions
These spatiotemporal coordinates play an essential role in the stirring, displaying and understanding of emotions for either individuals or collectives. Likewise, feelings dovetail with further types of location, for instance, the position in the caste system, class hierarchy or gender spectrum. We welcome contributions (academic articles or shorter pieces for the miscellanea section) that explore the particularities of affect when applied to the Indian context. Proposed topics include but are not limited to the following:
- Artistic representations of affects: literature, music, painting, film, etc.
- Nation-building and belonging: language, religion, politics, law, (post-)colonialism
- Translatability of affect: cross-border/cultural readings, decolonised emotions
- Public feelings: social media, press, fake news, mass surveillance
- Shared experiences: #MeToo, Anti-Corruption movement
- Marketization of feelings: advertising, poverty porn, tourism
- Affective ecocriticism: ecological grief, environmental resilience
- History revisited: diachronic/synchronic perspectives, reception studies
- Marginalized affects: Dalits, LGBTIQ+, refugees, subalternity, disability
- Taboos: sex, menstruation, masculinities/femininities, arranged/love marriage
Deadline: October 15th 2021
All contributions, which must be in Microsoft Word, need to be submitted through the journal website. Authors are kindly requested to consult the guidelines in advance: https://revistes.uab.cat/indialogs/about/submissions.